Saturday, July 18, 2009

Where are our Churches headed?

First off I want to say that I mean to offend no one with this post, nor am I saying one denomination is better than the other. I am just voicing my opinion based on what I have read to be true in the Bible. Tonight I came across an article online about the Episcopal Churches of America allowing priest in same sex relations to become bishops. I have never understood why a "Christian" church would even allow someone who practiced homosexuality as a leader in the church. The Bible clearly states that it is a sin. So why let someone who is breaking God's word like that be a leader? Now I know that every Preacher, Priest or whatever your denomination calls them does sin to some extent. But to do something that is an abomination, I would not want them leading me in worship. In Leviticus 18:22 the Bible says; Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. In Leviticus 20:13 is says; "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a women, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." So why if the Bible says it is a sin and that it is an abomination would we want our church leaders practicing homosexuality. Please understand I am not saying that homosexuals should not be allowed into church, I think they should. They just should not have a leadership position. Everyone should be welcome into a church to hear the Word of God. I have had friends in my life who are homosexuals, I pray for them and I hope that they will learn and accept their sin. I am not going to push them away, although I have lost touch with most. One I know of also used drugs, and a few years ago I learned he had passed away from Aids. Did he get Aids from his sexual behavior or the needles I don't know. I just know that he was a good caring individual who made wrong choices and unfortunately really did not know the Lord. I can only hope that in his last days he did accept the Lord and repent for his sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment