Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hold to your Vows

In church our Pastor has been talking about relationships. The study is off of the Book Of Ruth. We have discussed how after Elimelech, Mahlon, and Chillion had died Naomi wanted Orpah and Ruth to go back to their country, people and gods. Orpah went back, but Ruth stayed with Naomi out of love and devotion to her. It has made me think of people that I have known in my life that have married only to leave the marriage. Granted some left for Biblically based reasons, others left their marriage just because they fell out of love. I know of a couple that has been married for a long time now, and I am sure they have gone through many trials but they have stayed together. That is until now. I have heard that they are divorcing, when I asked the lady why and what happened she told me it was because her husband had a problem with his prescription pain medicine. Now I know she wants it to work out, because she has told me that. My concern is why even talk of divorce then. When we take our wedding vows we say for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in SICKNESS and in health as long as WE BOTH shall LIVE. We need to take those vows seriously and stick through even the hard times. If we don't we might just miss out on the Most Exciting and reward time of our lives here on Earth. My marriage has not been perfect by any means. Jeff and I have been separated before. However, I stood strong and prayed to God that he would save my marriage and bring Jeff and I back together. We have been married now for 12 years, and I pray that it will last another 40 +. Women we need to learn how to serve our husbands. We are not to be the head they are. Yes we MUST OBEY our husbands. Too many have taken that word out of the marriage vows. I did, but now I wish I had not. However, I am determined to OBEY my husband now. I am here to HELP make his life easier. I know he does all he can to support me and our daughter. Yes, he does drive me crazy at times with taking his time to get things done, but that is how he operates and I accept that. I just have to TRUST that my husband will get it done and all will be well. I try to do things that will help make it easier for him, things that will make him proud to call me his Wife.


 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You speak so much truth when you say that we are to obey our husbands. There's safety in obedience!

    ReplyDelete