Thursday, July 30, 2009

Steal a Car to avoid Church?

I posted a link to a news article on my facebook account the other day about a young 7 year old boy who stole his father's car to avoid going to church. I noticed that the other day on the View they were discussing it, although I did not pay much attention. However I do remember one of the hosts saying something to the effect they should make church a half hour and provide good snacks wanting to go to church. I am all for making church fun for the kids to help with the learning process. The other thing about this story was that so far it has seemed that everyone has made it out to be a joke. I mean com one. The kid stole a car, drove the car, and involved the police in a car chase. He could have hurt if not killed someone. There is nothing funny about that. The article said the boy was too young to prosecute, why? He was old enough to steal the car; he should be old enough to be prosecuted. Maybe he should not be allowed to get a driver's license until he reaches the age of 21. Was he really trying to run from Church or God?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment