Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Submitting to Our Husbands

I thought that I would go a bit deeper into what I was saying about wives obeying our husbands. Maybe Obeying was the wrong word to use, only because it can be misconstrued. We as wives are to SUBMIT Ourselves to OUR HUSBANS. God has a distinct purpose for woman, it is to be man's HELP MEET. In Genesis 2:18 it says "And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him." Help
Meet is simply one who helps, we are to HELP our husbands. In Ephesians 5:22 it says: "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." If we look further into
Ephesians 5: 23-25 it says;"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;". Someone made a comment to be about my earlier post saying that she thought I was saying that women should just allow our husband to beat us. No I never said that, but I did not go into a lot of detail either. God tells man to Love your wives as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it. If a husband is abusive he is not living according to God's word. God does not expect us to accept abuse by our husbands, however I am not too sure God would want us to use divorce as an escape either. Rather maybe he would want us to seek outside help and protection. Clearly if your husband is abusing you there are some underlying issues that he may need help in resolving. Now I am not saying that you need to stay and accept the abuse, go get help. But continue to pray for your husband and for his salvation.

1 comment: