Friday, August 7, 2009

Just thinking out loud

Just a little bit of a rambling here on my part, it's a way of thinking things through. I have been wondering why is it that it seems no one wants to offer to help each other out. I mean, if I hear someone saying that they have so much to do and not a lot of time, stating that they have a lot of stress and is worried about getting things done, I will ask them if I could help in anyway. I won't expect them to accept the offer, but I will offer. I realize that there are those out there that won't ask for help straight out. I am one of them, however if I can help someone out I will offer without being asked and I won't expect anything in return. Only once in my life that I can think of recently, has anyone offered to help me out. I kindly refused but really only because I was more embarrassed with the mess in my home, which is what the offer was. To come help me clean the house. As Christians are we not supposed to help each other, and not expect anything in return.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great topic. We (my husband and I) talk about this often. In the book of Acts the community of believers was clearly laid out. There was no lack (still isn't) in the body Christ. Everyone gave of themselves. I believe this extended far and beyond the material to everyday types of needs and things. As a body at large and individually we must cease to be so busy doing church and return to being the church and then we will see change.

    ReplyDelete